This page will be updated with new information as it becomes available. Check back frequently. Last updated: September 1, 2020
For the Pastoral and Temporal Response of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, please visit here.
Catholic Social Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (CSS) is continuing to serve those in our community and help those impacted by COVID-19 navigate these uncertain times. Providing for the health, safety, and welfare of those we serve, as well as our CSS employees, is utmost important to us.
Outlined below are resources for those in need of emergency food and diapers offered by CSS Family Service Centers which are the first point of contact for individuals, families, and parishes when they seek assistance from CSS. Centers are located throughout the five-county metropolitan area. In addition, Nutritional Development Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (NDS) is continuing to support their network of over 30 food cupboards throughout the region and doubling efforts to supply CSS Family Service Centers with non-perishable items for those impacted by COVID-19. They are also partnering with over 100 emergency feeding sites for children and youth under 18 years of age throughout the region.
Below you will also find information from the Federal Government and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Communication from the Archdiocesan of Philadelphia and additional resources which may be helpful during this time are also provided.
Those interested in helping our neighbors in need and supporting our critical outreach can make a one-time or recurring gift by visiting https://cssphiladelphia.org/donate/.
Recently, Catholic Human Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia provided an overview of its Coronavirus (COVID-19) response efforts and community impact demonstrating the ongoing commitment of administrators and staff in assisting those impacted by the pandemic. A full overview of the report can be found by visiting: Secretariat for Catholic Human Services Coronavirus Response Efforts and Community Impact March 16-June 19
Throughout these uncertain times, let us continue to embrace the call to be servant leaders within our community to help those most in need. Please be assured of our continued prayers for all of those affected by this virus and for you and your families.
Catholic Social Services (CSS) Resources
- Emergency Food and Diapers (CSS Family Service Centers) (Updated September 1, 2020)
- Rent, Mortgage, and Utility Assistance to Philadelphia Residents (Updated August 18, 2020)
Nutritional Development Services (NDS) Resources
- Food Cupboards and Family Service Centers Sponsored by NDS
- Listing of NDS Sponsored Feeding Sites for Children
- Nutritional Development Services will be distributing FREE diapers at the Archdiocesan Pastoral Center, located at: 222 North 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Diapers will be handed out on Tuesdays from 1 PM – 3 PM and on Fridays from 10 AM – 12 PM. You must call in advance to place an order. The phone number is (267)-262-8904.
Catholic Housing and Community Services (CHCS) Resources
Catholic Housing and Community Services (CHCS) of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia is committed to providing support to older adults throughout the Philadelphia region during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Any older adult in the surrounding five county area in need is encouraged to call the CHCS Helpline at 1-888-679-7669.
ARISE: Restoring Catholic Life After the Pandemic
Pastoral Messages and Statements from Most Revered Nelson J. Pérez
Archdiocesan Resources By Administrative Office
Online Masses And Digital Worship Resources
Government Health and SAFETY Resources
Federal Government Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC – Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019
- CDC – Information for Travel
- CDC – Community Mitigation Strategy