This page will be updated with new information as it becomes available. Check back frequently. Last updated: March 26, 2020
Catholic Social Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (CSS) has created a Coronavirus (COVID-19) information page as a resource to help navigate these uncertain times. Providing for the health, safety, and welfare of those we serve, as well as our CSS employees, is utmost important to us.
Outlined below are resources for those in need of emergency food and diapers offered by CSS Family Service Centers which are the first point of contact for individuals, families, and parishes when they seek assistance from CSS. Seven such centers are located throughout the five-county metropolitan area. In addition, Nutritional Development Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (NDS) is continuing to support their network of food cupboards throughout the region and doubling efforts to supply CSS Family Service Centers with non-perishable items for those impacted by COVID-19.
If you are interested in supporting the food cupboards, NDS is sponsoring an on-line Lenten “One- Can Meal” Food Drive” to help keep the shelves stocked during this time. Please visit You Give Goods at https://yougivegoods.com/lentendrive2020
Below you will also find information from the Federal Government and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Communication from the Archdiocesan of Philadelphia and additional resources which may be helpful during this time are also provided.
Throughout these uncertain times, let us continue to embrace the call to be servant leaders within our community to help those most in need. Please be assured of our continued prayers for all of those affected by this virus and for you and your families during this Lenten season.
Catholic Social Services (CSS) Resources
- Emergency Food and Diapers (CSS Family Service Centers) (Updated March 26, 2020)
Nutritional Development Services (NDS) Resources
- Food Cupboards and Family Service Centers Sponsored by NDS
- Listing of NDS Sponsored Feeding Sites for Children
Pastoral Messages from Most Reverend Nelson J. Pérez in the Wake of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Spiritual Message to the Faithful of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (March 18, 2020)
- Mensaje espiritual para los fieles de la Arquidiócesis de Filadelfia (18 de marzo de 2020)
- Spiritual Message to the School Students of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (March 18, 2020)
- Spiritual Message to the Employees of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (March 18, 2020)
News Releases from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Archbishop Nelson J. Pérez Announces The Suspension Of All Public Masses In The Archdiocese Of Philadelphia Effective At Noon Tomorrow (March 17, 2019)
El Arzobispo Nelson J. Pérez Anuncia La Supensión De Las Misas Públicas En La Arquidiócesis De Filadelfia (March 17, 2020)
- Statement of Archbishop Nelson J. Pérez Regarding The Coronavirus (COVID-19) (March 13, 2020)
- Archbishop Perez To Offer Mass For The Intention Of Those Affected By The COVID-19 Pandemic; Remote Participation Via Livestream Video Is Encouraged (March 13, 2020)
- Archdiocese Of Philadelphia Announces Shift To Flexible Instructional Model For All High Schools, Elementary Schools, Schools Of Special Education, And Parish Religious Education Program In Response To COVID-19 Pandemic (March 13, 2020)
- Statement Of Archbishop Nelson J. Pérez Regarding Dispensation From The Obligation To Attend Sunday Mass (March 12, 2020)
Federal Government Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC – Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019
- CDC – Information for Travel
- CDC – Community Mitigation Strategy
Pennsylvania Government Resources
- PA Department of Health Website
- PA Department of Health – Coronavirus
- PA Department of Health – Coronavirus Information for Schools K-12