Catholic Social Services exists to transform lives and bring about a just and compassionate society where every individual is valued, families are healthy and strong, and communities are united in their commitment to the good of all. We envision a world touched by God´s mercy: where poverty and need are alleviated, and all people share justly in the blessings of creation.
Compassion: genuine care and heartfelt concern for those we serve
Dignity: respect for each person created in God’s image, regardless of color, capacity, or age
Charity: generosity toward all people in response to God’s goodness to us
Justice: defense of and advocacy for the rights of the poor, vulnerable, and disadvantaged
Excellence: professional competence and responsible stewardship of time and resources
Catholic Social Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia embraces the call to be servant leaders within our community, following the example of Jesus Christ who washed the feet of His disciples at the Last Supper. Catholic Social Services is rich in cultural and religious diversity yet united in our common call as children of one God and Father to serve our brothers and sisters in need and build a just and compassionate society.
- We are dedicated to serve others in a spirit of humility and genuine concern for the well-being of our neighbors.
- We affirm the God-given dignity and worth of every person.
- We strive to assist persons at every stage of life to find wholeness and achieve their full human potential.
- We advocate for the rights of the most poor and vulnerable of our local communities.
- We commit our personal energies and professional skills to care for the well-being of the poor and vulnerable.
- We serve people of all faiths, races, ages, ethnicities, and life circumstances as members of the human family.
- We defend the rights of all people to the basic necessities of life, including food, clothing, and shelter.
- We support policies and programs that empower individuals, strengthen families, and build up communities.
- We believe that one’s relationship with God is an important part of life’s journey.
- We support religious freedom for all individuals and respect their ability to make decisions of conscience.
- We invite prayer in a way that respects each person’s background and interest.
- We strive for professional excellence in providing the highest quality of service.
- We are our brother’s and sister’s keeper, and show our love for God in how we care for those in need.