Mission of Catholic Social Services
Catholic Social Services under the Archdiocese of Philadelphia continues the work of Jesus by affirming, assisting and advocating for individuals, families and communities.
Catholic Social Services provides the tools to transform lives in the Philadelphia community. Our social services allow us to bring resources to the community where everyone’s needs are met. We envision a world touched by God´s mercy. We envision a world without poverty and need, and all people share justly in the blessings of creation.
Compassion: Value those we serve and have genuine care and concern for everyone.
Dignity: Respect each person, regardless of race, age or ability, as we are all created in God’s image.
Charity: Offer kindness toward all people in response to God’s goodness to us.
Justice: Advocate for the underserved and uplift the voices of those who need to be heard.
Excellence: Provide professional competence and be mindful of the time and resources of those utilizing our services.
Catholic Social Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia chooses involvement over indifference and charity that overcomes challenges. At Catholic Social Services, we act for good to change lives in our community.
Through the teachings of God and Jesus Christ, Catholic Social Services believes in serving our brothers and sisters in need to build a more just and empathetic society.
Now you can, too. Join CSS in our mission to uplift our neighbors in need. CSS is dedicated to serve others in a spirit of humility and genuine concern for the well-being of our neighbors.
- We affirm the God-given dignity and worth of every person.
- We strive to assist persons at every stage of life to find wholeness and achieve their full human potential.
- We advocate for the rights of the most poor and vulnerable of our local communities.
- We commit our personal energies and professional skills to care for the well-being of the poor and vulnerable.
- We serve people of all faiths, races, ages, ethnicities, and life circumstances as members of the human family.
- We defend the rights of all people to the necessities of life, including food, clothing, and shelter.
- We support policies and programs that empower individuals, strengthen families, and build up communities.
- We believe that one’s relationship with God is an important part of life’s journey.
- We support religious freedom for all individuals and respect their ability to make decisions of conscience.
- We invite prayer in a way that respects each person’s background and interest.
- We strive for professional excellence in providing the highest quality of service.
- We are our brother’s and sister’s and show our love for God in how we care for those in need.