Catholic Community Services Community Umbrella Agency (CUA #4) is a community-based organization that manages child welfare cases formerly maintained by The Philadelphia Department of Human Servcies (DHS). As part of Catholic Social Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, we provide services to families and their children in their home, in placement or a combination while operating within the foundation and framework of a Catholic organization.
As a DHS sponsored agency, we are the presence of DHS in the community in their move to decentralize the provision of direct case management services through a network of Community Umbrella Agencies that demonstrates the capacity and ability to provide child protection and child welfare services that are based within the community.
- Children and youth are protected from abuse and neglect
- Children and youth are safe in their own homes whenever possible
- Children and youth are safe in their placement
- Children have the right to be with family (kin, siblings)
- Children have the right to be placed within their community
- Children have a right to stability in their living environment
- Children have the right to contact with their biological family
- Family Team Decision Making Conference
- Intended to involve all formal and informal family supports to make critical recommendations and decisions about child and youth safety, permanency and well-being.
- Single Case Plan
- One service plan per family with the CUA Case Manager and Team having ultimate responsibility for the case
- Case Management Services
- Adoption Services
- Prevention Services
- Parenting Classes
- Parent Child Visitation
- Fatherhood Program
- Continues Quality Improvement (CQI) Program
Ginger Smith, Community Liaison
(215) 221 2010
Ms. Smith coordinates Catholic Community Services facebook page